We love hearing how our work is making a difference in peoples lives.
This testimonial is from Tricia Wang:
“OMG 3 months after my PRK surgery @diamondvlasik I’m at 20/20 vision! My computer enhanced eyes have been fully optimized by the world’s best LASIK surgeon, Dr. Stetson, who as the ex-chief ophthalmologist at the U.S. military operated on our country’s pilots and astronauts. Why would you get LASIK anywhere else? The government trusted this man to surgically manipulate the eyes of their most valuable experts and would have killed him if he made even the smallest mistake. So yeah, get your eyes done here.
In addition to the advice I gave about getting LASIK in my previous posts, here are some additional things I have learned:
1. If you go to Diamond Vision, Make sure you schedule all follow up and pre-op appointments with Dr. Penshorn — she’s the most patient and professional.
2. Also, schedule all your appt w/ Birginia. Everyone else is nice but she will go out of her way to make the schedule work for you.
3. When the doc says it’s ok to move on from Preservative free Tears, but Systane Balance — it contains lipid oil so it’s extra moisturizing for your eyes!!
4. Don’t freak out by all the online personal accounts of suicide and depression due to post-LASIK dry eyes. These are personal accounts and there aren’t enough controlled clinical peer-reviewed trials of post-LASIK dry eye effects to attribute causal effects.
5. If you wear contact lenses like me, one reason why I wanted to get LASIK is cuz I was already experiencing chronic dry eyes due to being a long-term contact lenses user.
6. Long-term contact lenses use traumatizes ocular oil glands but contact companies don’t want you to know that!
7. Dr. Stetson is conducting the first large-scale controlled trial tracking pre-op to post-op dryness symptoms. Ask him about it and look it up on his website!
8. To prevent post-LASIK dry eyes, follow Dr. Stetson ’s Tear Film Optimization directions: prevent inflammation by avoiding eye rubbing, get daily fatty omega, take reg breaks, avoid UV, manage humidity, and avoid fried food.
9. Prior to surgery, change the text size on your phone — this is an expert tip from @baratunde #prklasik #triciainlasik #LASIK (at Diamond Vision)”