Eye Health is often overlooked. However, there are a number of things that people can do to maintain or even improve the wellbeing of their eyes.
Here are some of the simple steps that you can take for good eye health:
- Protecting your eyes from the sun
- Avoid eye dryness
- Avoid long, uninterrupted use of the computer
- Avoid smoking at all costs
- Eat a diet that supports good eye health
Yes, the consumption of a well-balanced, healthy diet with a focus on “certain” foods, can help us to maintain health eyes.Listed below are some of the key foods that will help you to provide your eyes with the nutrients that it needs.
Foods for Good Eye Health
- Some of the best nutrients for eyes can be found in carrots and bell peppers (yellow, red, orange or green). These foods are excellent sources of the Vitamins A and C, which are powerful antioxidants which studies have shown to protect our eyes.
- Fruits and Vegetables – These are good for our health as they contain Vitamins A, C and E and beta carotene. To improve your daylight vision, choose yellow colored fruits and veggies.
- A number of dairy products (cheese, milk, margarine, butter, cream) are rich in Vitamin A which aids good vision.
- Apricots – This is a great food to be incorporated into your diet for eye health as it contains lycopene and beta-carotene which are known to help improve eye health.
- Dark Chocolate – Yes, not only does it taste divine, dark chocolate is actually good for you. Not many people are aware of the fact that dark chocolate can help with eyesight. Dark chocolate contains flavanoids which protects the blood vessels in the eyes which in turn makes the lens and the cornea strong.
- Wine – specifically red wine.Red wine has been proven to be good for our bodies as well as our taste buds. Just like dark chocolate it is not well known that it is also good for your eyes. It works in the same way that dark chocolate does to keep your cornea functioning well.
Now that you know the foods that support good eye health, remember to stock up on them when you go shopping- your eyes will thank you. Contact one of our centers for more information. Our eye health center in Atlanta will answer all your needs.
If you have more questions about LASIK procedures, get in touch with us.
What Is LASIK? Experts categorize LASIK as a refractive eye surgery in which lasers are used to correct vision problems. LASIK corrects several refractive errors,
LipiFlow is often referred to as a ground-breaking technology that is able to treat dry eye issues caused by meibomian gland dysfunction, or MGD. Experts